Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Was Babe Ruth a psychologist?

To all you Baseballs out there. May your G forces be lower and your cowhide skin stronger

For my average reader, the word Baseball Game brings up memories of stunning outs, the Black Sox scandal, and Babe Ruth's records. For me, I think of the game I played four days ago. We won 12 to 8. Our opponents fought well though. This was our third game out of seven (sorry no world series). The league is not a well known one, and most people go from home(after hitting) to first then to home for the point. There is a catch though, after six runs by the opponent the defenders are now the offenders. In other words they switch. We lost the game last week. We won the one before that. We won only home games. This makes me wonder, was Babe Ruth a psychologist?


Sure, you look at that and think thats Babe Ruth(at least, you should be). Born on February 6, 1895 in Boston and started playing in 1914. He was the cause of the "curse of the babmbino." In the picture below Babe knocked himself cold by crashing into the wall, which makes me think he may not have had Harvard education.

He was one of the most well known baseball players ever. The thing about us winning only home games, perhaps it was "The curse of the Bambino" back firing! Or maybe it was Elvis. He's supposed to be back from the dead isn't he?

4 comments:

Bill C said...

Beware of goats named Murphy.
;-)

Julie Q. said...

I love your opening line. I've always done my part to protect the endangered Baseball species by hitting them very very softly or striking out at bat. I'm nice that way.

It's funny that your coach calls them home games and away games since you always play on the same field either way. Is it just a difference in which dugout your team gets?

Alex said...

Hey, ethan, good blog. Babe Ruth probably didn't get a`college education

J-Dog said...

I'm not sure Babe Ruth even heard of Harvard...